Monday 10 March 2014

Scots for Saga

Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Every now and then I give myself a break from painting World War 2 miniatures. It rests my eyes a bit, allows me to paint with a different palette, and I like to chose figures that either dont need any research (scifi, fantasy etc) or are from an era that I know so little about that I dont bother with research. It allows me to paint "instinctively" and experiment with new techniques.

Here are the fruits of such a break - a 6 point Saga warband painted using a much faster technique than I am used to - block, detail, army painter dip and then a basic highlight on each colour. The figures are from Gripping Beast, and I must say they were a pleasure to paint - clear, uncluttered detail and clean castings. Shield and banner decals are from Little Big Men Studios.

Before these pix were taking this warband got two severe maulings - the first from a Viking warband (the traditional first game mauling that any freshly painted wargame army gets) and the second the same evening from one of the family cats: I had left the tray of figures on a table in the entrance hall after getting back from the game, and felix domesticus had decided to investigate. Most of the force was on the floor by the time I intervened.

Some figures required repairs to weapons and shields, and small touchups....

Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.

Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.

Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.


Image © Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment